Tuesday 10 September 2013

Glossy Box September 'The London Edition' LFW

Glossy Box London Edition September 2013

The delivery man knocked on my door this morning and I always get excited when one of my beauty boxes arrives.
Upon opening the cardboard that it's transported in I was met with an absolutely gorgeous Union Jack style box which is definitely one for keeps. This month is the fist time that Glossybox have included a magazine in with their beauty boxes named the GB Mag. Inside are trends, interviews with designers and Glossybox office 'top five obsessions.' The London Edition is to celebrate London Fashion Week (LFW) and British beauty.

Again, the box was beautifully wrapped and had its logo sticker and ribbon to add finishing touches.

Inside my box.

Elizabeth Arden Untold perfume mini. My initial thoughts were to give it away as I thought it's scent would be too 'old' for me. I sampled it and it's actually wearable. I prefer fruity, chocolatey, coconutty or cocoa buttery scents and this one doesn't meet that criteria. It is a grown up scent but it's not overpowering and therefore I will wear this as an everyday scent. I will not be repurchasing. If you like floral scents you will be better suited to this perfume.

Eylure pre-glued lashes. I have never actually worn false lashes. The times I tried, I got them stuck in all the wrong places! However I do like how they can make lashes appear fuller and would be great for a special occasion / night out. I like how they are pre-glued too so that it reduces time. These cost £5.06

Toni&Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe classic shine & gloss serum. I'm excited to try this product. I love trying things for my hair to tame my mane. I have naturally curly hair and at times it's dry and I'm always on the look out to find products which will maintain the waves but add gloss, moisture and reduce frizz.


Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Onyx Eye Liner $14 for 3g
I do love eyeliners but I have grown a mass collection. This is a first for me though to own one that looks like a felt tip marker. Hopefully it will be easy to apply and ensure a smooth cat flick. I'm pleased with the colour of it and excited to try it out. This has been placed in the box so that if you wish you can recreate the A/W 2013 catwalk looks.

Dr Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips
This was originally developed for breast feeding women to use as a nipple balm and now it's a cult beauty item for leaving lips smooth and soft. My first thoughts on this was I won't be getting that out in public! "Would anyone like to borrow my nipple balm?" I'm sure even the most chapped of lips in winter wouldn't take me up on my offer or is that just me? However when reading the information card that comes in the Glossybox it states that this balm can be used for eye glitter, (which I love) to mix pigments, shaping eyebrows and even as last minute shoe polish. Looks like I won't be offering to share after all!

So there's my round up of September's Glossybox.
My subscription is £9.99 + £2.95 delivery and I will be keeping this going. I have to say I do prefer when I receive bright , neon, fun products and these all seem so serious and polished this month. I will have to wait for my Miss Glossy to arrive. That is more my style!


Just to let you know I have just joined Instagram so feel free to take a look :)
Username : rayofglitter1

xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment