Friday 13 September 2013

Fairy Lashes mascara - So Susan

With a name such as Fairy Lashes this gets my attention straight away. I love fairies and anything magical so this was one product I needed to try out.

I have never heard of the brand 'So Susan' and upon research I found it to be the sister company of Jelly Pong Pong. I tried the So Susan website and it's not currently working but they do have a face book page click .
Typing in 'fairy lashes ' on Google brings up the Jelly Pong Pong site but they are currently unavailable which is a shame.

Jelly Pong Pong is a brand that I am familiar with and I have owned lots of their products. Their packaging is absolutely gorgeous especially with an eyeshadow I have,  which has a little bird sat on top of the pot and it came enclosed in a cardboard birdcage.

The packaging states:

"This is not for the faint-hearted. Our first ever mascara is formulated to make eye lashes flutter & flap. Water- resistant Fairy Lashes makes eyelashes thicker & curvier while allowing them to be spectacularly soft & light. A truly fabulous effect for the woman who wants to emphasize one deep, intense, seductive look."

Packaging
The mascara is packaged inside a cardboard cuboid which fastens quite well to protect it.
The colours are muted pink, minty and white and the logo is plain and wouldn't stand out to me on a shelf.
It is vintage shabby chic and would look pretty on a dressing table.
The mascara tube however doesn't match the outer packaging being a strong purple colour.
The tube is smooth and has an innovative bullet type end.
The wand is basic and easy to use.

Performance
The brush enabled me to coat all lashes easily and I do like the colour of this.
It made my eyes have the wide apart look straight away and did make them appear thicker and a little curvier.
On touch, my eyelashes are quite soft still after two coats of mascara.
I'm not sure that fairies want to be quite seductive as the packaging states . I would have gone with the marketing of being fluttery as a fairy like feathers in a breeze whereas the description seems as though it is describing another mascara altogether. Or maybe that's just me?
It has great staying power but does smudge a lot when you try and take it off. Although with a good make up remover this should be no problem at all.
For a first mascara for a brand I think it is excellent.

Price
This mascara retails for £15 which I think is too steep. Although this product is very good and a 6 or 7 out of 10 . I wouldn't repurchase it at that much.
However you can get some items from the range cheaper if you were to buy the great packages that Jelly Pong Pong does for £15 a bag from their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment