Thursday 26 September 2013

Birchbox September unboxing

 
September's edition of Birchbox focuses upon whirlwind weeks and the products which ensure that you will be ready for everything such as LFW, work or the new school year.
 Packaging:
Again the items are packaged in a plain box that has a brown lid with their white logo on and a white base.
Inside the items are placed in a drawstring bag which I particularly like as they can be re-used. It's not as posh as some of the other beauty boxes as to me it is plain and simple which some people will prefer whereas personally I like sparkle and glamour.
It is packaged with the Birchbox magazine, a card which tells you the products contained inside and the price of them so you can purchase in their shop if you so wish.
I also received a welcome to Birchbox for your first box which it clearly isn't so someone must have popped it into the wrong box.

Price:
£9.99 plus £2.95 delivery which is great if you receive items in the box that you like and will use.

Products:
This month I received;

Reverence de Bastien Nail Polish which is a full sized product and costs £16. It is packaged in a silver cardboard box , a glass bottle in a cuboid shape with a cheap looking silver plastic lid.

I received the shade number 13 which is a glitter berry red. Some people would absolutely love this shade especially at this time of the year but I don't tend to go for colours like this. I am a pastels girl.
However I will try it out and it will be perfect for Christmas time.
It states to use two coats after using a base coat , then add a top coat.
I've not heard of this brand before and the polish is really expensive! I could buy some Tony Moly products with that which I would prefer and be ecstatic about.
When I review this it may just go on like a dream and be long-lasting. We shall see.

Bioderma Sebium H2O 20ml .
"Removes all make-up and daily grime."
I've heard good reviews about this product so I am pleased that I received it so I can try it out.
You can buy it for £9.99 from the Birchbox shop or from Amazon in my link for a little cheaper.

Mystic Diamond Eva Cosmetics- Argan oil hair elixir.
This has diamond powder to add shine to your hair. I love hair products and oils seem to work well on my hair so I'm looking forward to trying this one out too. Full price would be £22.70.

ModelCo. Party Proof Lipstick £16.95 . I received this in the shade Kitty which is a fabulous name but not a shade I would pick at all. It is aimed at someone much older. I love all of their pink shades they have but this one I will give away. Also on their website the shade they show looks completely different. It shows a pale pink but this is more of a pinky brown.

"High-impact colour that won't budge, ModelCo’s PARTY PROOF Lipsticks are a super long-lasting, strong pigment lipstick in ultra-vibrant hues.
The rich, non-drying formula glides on effortlessly without drying, caking or flaking. Housed in a chic white case and complete with an inbuilt mirror for easy application — these lipsticks are the perfect addition to your beauty bag."

I think that this is really expensive for a lipstick. I could get a Mac one for cheaper than this.
I have heard of the brand before as the products were featured as free gifts in a magazine a few months back. I like how it is a high-impact colour and I would be more excited if it was a more wearable shade for me. Mine didn't come with a case or mirror. It must just be if your purchase direct from their website.

Molton Brown London- Ylang-Ylang nourishing body lotion 30ml . I love body moisturisers and this is from a quality brand and the scent smells expensive. It's not a scent I would necessarily purchase myself but I will use this for a change.

Lifestyle extra- Green & Black's white chocolate (half-price in Tesco at the moment) Yum I love chocolate. I want a monthly box that has chocolate inside. Do they do those or have I just invented a million pound idea?!

So overall I love the chocolate and the hair oil. Like the Bioderma and Lotion. I would have loved the lipstick and nail polish if they were more my shades as I love these products but I'm not keen on the colours given to me.

Oooooo and with filling in my questionnaire reviews on the site I had enough points to choose something for £10 from their shop so I chose a Korre's lip butter in Mandarin which I'm really happy about.

Did you get the same colours and products as me this month or something different?

Laura xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment