Monday 17 February 2014

MUA LUXE Atomic velvet lip lacquer review and swatches

Hi everyone!

Today I have a review and swatches of my MUA LUXE Atomic lipstick that I showed in a previous haul last week. As soon as I saw these lipsticks I wanted them so I bought all of them except one in the range. They are incredible value for the £3 price tag. They really reminded me of the Lime Crime Velvetines and I love that brand but they are harder to get hold of and more expensive. I think that these ones make a good substitute. For the price too I could afford to try out lots of different colours and go for different looks.

I had never tried a velvet matte lipstick before and especially one that applies like a lipgloss and dries to a matte dry finish. The doe foot applicator makes the velvet easy to apply and it stays wet whilst you perfect it to the shape of your lips. All of a sudden it then dries and feels dry on the lips. I've never really experienced the dry feeling before but I'm sure you could always add a balm over the top.The colour payoff is amazing for these velvets and I only needed one layer. Once dried, if you feel as though you have missed a part, you can go over the particular area and it blends in perfectly.

Once dried these velvets lasted for a good few hours on me which is the longest a lip product has lasted. When I swatched them on my hand they lasted for the duration of the day and only came off with a hot shower. In fact they look as though you could use them for special effect as 'Kooky' looked as though I'd burnt my hand!

So for an inexpensive product these are highly recommended as a luxe treat and I am really impressed with them. The frosted container with the black and gold make it look expensive too. The whole product has been made to an excellent standard. The only little thing I can mention is that the product looks a bit messy on the applicator even on first opening but this is to be expected as it has been submerged in the lip velvet.



Here are the swatches so that you can see the intensity of the velvet. I do like this shade as it is bright and a corally red with hints of orange. It reminds me of Mediterranean holidays. 
Also the swatch on my hand to show the true colour which didn't budge all day so don't swatch before an event!

What do you think to these MUA velvets? I love them!

Love Laura xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment