Saturday 15 February 2014

Glossybox February Valentine's edition - review and unboxing

Happy Saturday everyone!

My Glossybox was delivered today and I was excited to receive it. It was a really bright sunny day so it was perfect for taking photos. 
The February box is a limited edition Valentine's box and has a stunning design with kiss marks all over it. I always keep hold of the limited edition boxes and use them to organise make up inside of them. 

I love how Glossybox give you Glossydots each time you fill in a mini questionnaire for them and I had enough this time to get this box for free which is brilliant.

I am seriously impressed with the contents of this box and they have really upped their game this month. Last month's box I wasn't impressed with at all as there wasn't any make up and didn't really include many contents. I believe though that it's very hard to keep at the top of your game the whole time. It all comes down to pressure, circumstances and availability of items.

 I would say again that this is the best monthly beauty box.  Everything that I said I wanted in a Valentine's box I've got, including the lipstick, nail polish and the chocolate.

I personally love the new design of the deep box and this month they have plain white tissue paper with hot pink ribbon which looks beautiful.


I really love the design of the kisses on the box. This is one of my favourite limited edition designs that they have done.


Upon first opening the box, this is the first view of what is inside. This is the February Glossybox magazine which has the editor's letter inside, interviews, product information and top 5's.


I think that the hot pink and the white look stunning together and are perfect for Valentine's day.


Here's the contents of my box when I opened the tissue paper and unwrapped the ribbon.


First up is a full-sized Ciate nail polish in the shade 'Cocktail dress' which retails for £9. This is fantastic to see a full sized polish int the box and especially Ciate. It is a perfect colour choice for me.
I own other Ciate polishes and their formulas are good.


I love how they have put an excellent quality chocolate bar in as an extra treat. Excellent idea for a Valentine's box. I think it would also be great at Easter, Halloween and Christmas too. Lindt is delicious and I've not had one in bar form before. This is worth £0.79


H2K Skincare- Je t'adore Aromatics Shampoo & Sensual Hydrating hair conditioner. These smell pleasant and I'm looking forward to seeing if the conditioner hydrates my hair. I've not heard of H2K before but these little bottles remind me of what you would find in a hotel bathroom. These cost £2.48 for both.

Here we have a Maybelline ColorSensational Stripped Nudes lipstick £6.99. This was perfect getting a lipstick in the box and I don't own a nude one. I like the ColorSensationals so I'm really happy to have this in my box.


Nougat London- Sparkling body shimmer. At first I thought this was a bath lotion or shower gel but it's actually a body lotion which smells fit for princesses.  I adore the pink and the shimmer inside it. Full sized would be £14 for 250ml and I received 100ml. This contains mallow extract, vitamin E and wheatgerm enriched oil.


Finally I received the Eldora eyelashes and these cost from £3.90. I'm still yet to master the application of false eyelashes as it doesn't come easily to me!

Overall I absolutely love this months box. I love the thought that has gone into it, love how the magazine is professional and I adore the box design. This is a leading company to me. It's definitely worth the money, contained three full sized items, a chocolate bar and three other smaller items.

My favourites this month are the body shimmer, nail polish and the lipstick.

What do you think of this month's box? What did you receive in yours?

Love Laura xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment