Friday 17 January 2014

Birchbox January 2014 Tiny Tweaks unboxing

Happy Friday!

I hope that everyone has a lovely weekend. This weekend I want to stay in and watch films as next week we are moving house again. So a quite weekend is definitely needed. This week I have watched Epic and Monster's University which was brilliant! I love Disney.

Yesterday afternoon my Birchbox arrived so I photographed it straight away as it was sunny outside.
Here's what I received in my January box.

It's Birchbox's 1st anniversary this month and they have made some more little changes as they have throughout the year.
The box that it arrives in is still the same but instead of a drawstring bag to house the products in you are now met with pretty pink tissue paper. I like both ideas although pink doesn't really suit Birchbox I would have gone with lemon yellow instead. I adore pink but when I see this colour it reminds me of Glossy box.
I like the little booklet that arrives with the box as it is all about making small steps for New Years Resolutions so that they are more manageable and easier to achieve. The booklet contains helpful tips to help you start the New Year as you mean to go on. I like the design of the lemons on the front of it too.



 It was so sunny that the box looks lighter than it is!


The box is neatly presented and you can see the Tiny Tweaks booklet, a little of the card that tells you the details and prices of the products and the pink tissue paper.


 The tissue paper is not sealed with a logo sticker like other beauty boxes.


These were all of the products that I received inside my box this month.


I received six items in my box.



First up is the Benefit Porefessional which would cost £24.50 if it was a full sized product. I love Benefit so much and I own this primer and love it. It has a silky feeling too it and on a night out I apply it onto my skin before wearing foundation. It covers up your pores and feels amazing on your skin. I was really happy to find this in the box.


Ooooo I love hair products and the sound of this makes me excited to try it. This would only be £5.50 so if I try it and love it I will definitely repurchase. It's meant to stop frizz so this is perfect for my hair and I hope it works. Really pleased that I got this item and it smells yummy too.


The Noble Isle - Willow Song bath an shower gel would be £20 full sized which I would not buy as I think it is too expensive. I could buy a Disney top from PrimarK and 12 MUA lipsticks for that price which I'd much rather have! Saying that it will be handy to pop in my shower and use but I'm not excited about this.

Lifestyle extra- Miso soup- Costs £2.25 for 3 sachets. Now I've heard of this being super healthy but I've never had it before. I like how this product is perfect for a healthy new start to the year. I'm not sure if I will like it though. I've been wanting really naughty food choices lately.


Premae- Anatomy Nutrients Instant Renewal Body Oil- £9.50 
I will use this after a shower. I do like oils and this is meant to moisturise, tone and detoxify skin.


Vasanti- Detox Nutrient- Rich Purifying Facial Cleanser- £18 
I've not heard of this brand before and to me it seems really expensive. Will have to try it out and see.

My favourite products are the Tommyguns conditioner and the Benefit Porefessional. The others will come in handy but are not as exciting. I want some more make-up in my box.

Ooooo I wonder if they will have a Valentine's special? I really want pink heart nails, pink lipstick, chocolate, sweeties and a miniature perfume <3

Did you get this box? Is yours the same as mine?

Laura xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment