Thursday 17 July 2014

Glossybox July Unboxing- Stars and Stripes Edition


I love the design of this Stars and Stripes for the Glossybox July edition. The magazine has now gone online and they have uploaded a video to unveil the box too which is keeping up with the flow of social media. The contents are what you would find as American beauty staples. The video gives you a rundown of most of the products that were available for this collectors edition and background information for each one is used for and why they have chosen them.



Great co-ordination going on here with the tissue, ribbon, sticker and cardboard filler.


So here are the items that I received in my box as the first look when I opened the tissue paper. I did neaten them up here as one item was hiding and they're usually all upside down.


First up is ABSOLUTE New York - Perfecting Eyeshadow Primer which retails for $4.99. I tend to use eye primers on a special occasion for keeping my eyeshadow lasting the whole time. I already own the Potion by Urban Decay and a cheaper E.L.F one so now I have a few I can start to use them regularly. All you do is add a little primer to each eye lid and blend in making sure that you have covered them evenly. You then apply your eyeshadow. Et voila!


Carmex lip balm £2.69. I first discovered Carmex at uni as my friend had some in the same round pot as this. I had never seen it before and since then I've used it regularly. This original has a distinct scent to it and it is one of those lip products that actually works and is reliable. The only thing I find with a pot is that sometimes I end up digging my nails in whilst trying to get the product out and so I usually buy the squeezy tubes. The newest addition that they have added to their range is the green tea one. It doesn't cost very much and I think it's an essential to have one on your bag at all times.


Juice Beauty- Green Apple SPF 15 moisturiser. I've not heard of this brand before so it's good to be introduced to new products. The scent is quite citrussy and contains SPF 15 as well as a whole other host of benefits. It's a fab moisturiser but for £35.75 for 50ml it's too expensive for me to repurchase.


Bellapierre Cosmetics Ltd- Mineral Lipstick £20. This is meant to be a cult American favourite and was available in three different shades. I received the red one, in the shade Ruby, which will suit my hair colour. I like how it contains Vitamins C and E and has protection against the sun too. 


Color Club- Glossy Seal nail polish. This colour was created especially for Glossybox this month and so everyone got the same shade. It matches in well with the theme and retails for $8. It's not necessarily a shade I would choose for myself but it's good to try something different.


Overall I think this is a good box this month. There's nothing in here which I wouldn't use and the products add up to way over £10.

My favourite picks this month that I'm glad I received are the Bellapierre lipstick and the green apple moisturiser.

What's your favourite?

Love Laura xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment