Tuesday 7 October 2014

Autumnal Monochrome


It's that time of year again where the days grow chillier and the temptations of the hot chocolate and assortments of lattes beckon me. Every year I search for the perfect Autumn/ Winter coat that will predominantly keep me warm but also be stylish and compliment many outfits. 

I wore this outfit to go to Glasgow Hydro on Sunday to watch Still Game. I love watching the box set of this show as it's hilarious. It was so surreal to be sat there watching them act on the stage. They were so brilliant it was just like watching them on television. Apparently Biffy Clyro were in the audience too at the same time as us but I only found this out after the show was finished and we had got home!

I spotted this *Only Jessie Wool Coat in charcoal/black and instantly knew that I could make this work for day and night time. It would look great over a simple jumper and jeans or dressed up over an evening dress.
The coat has 50% wool which will ensure I stay snug on the coldest of days and is fully lined. It has a full zip fastening to keep out the cold and duffle toggles for a stylish finish. It has two decent sized pockets which are handy for storing my gloves in. The design of the coat, when zipped right to the top, ensures that the winter wind doesn't reach your neck.

The fit on this jacket is perfect. It states that it's A-line but on me instead of just hanging straight it goes in at my waist and out at the hips which makes it appear instantly dressed up. I always choose a size up in coats as they tend to fit me better that way so with this I'm wearing a size 12 which if you're ordering it would be a size L 12/14 (UK)

I love the added detail of the tartan hood as it compliments the charcoal really well and is perfect for Autumn and Winter time.



Underneath I'm wearing the Naberay Tuxedo jumpsuit from Rule1 Store which is a change from what I usually go for (bright coloured neons or pastel prints.) The jumpsuit fitted me really well and my coat added the perfect finishing touch. I still had to add a bright coloured necklace though from Primark as I had to show my personality even with a monochrome outfit. I chose to wear simple dolly black patent flats as I didn't think it would be practical to walk around in heels. 






I've not owned anything from the brand 'Only' before but I would highly recommend this coat for the exceptional quality, perfect fit and stylishness.

What winter coat have you chosen?

Love Laura xoxo

*PR item sent very kindly for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment