Wednesday 4 March 2015

Jelly Belly - Berry Blue - Lip Balm and Nail Polish Review


What a sweet little set that my mum bought me for Christmas. I absolutely love Jelly Belly's. They're one of my favourite sweeties with cinnamon being my favourite flavour. When I went to Selfridge's at the Trafford Centre in Manchester I used to get the lollipops that were a large hard candy jelly bean and loved them.

This pack is the Jelly Belly Berry Blue which contains a lip balm and a scented nail polish and when searching I found it for £4 on the Superdrug website.



 
The lipbalm is blue in colour and has a subtle berry scent. It applies quite waxy on the lips and lasts a good hour. It applies clear onto the lips so there's no worries about looking like you've just had a blue ice pop! The lipbalm is really smooth to apply and feels smooth on the lips also. It's fun but not one that I would rely on for chapped lips. I do have my eye on the party pack though now as I want to sniff them all.


The polish is in a dinky little bottle and upon opening I noticed that it's a very simple brush and some of the bristles were loose and wonky. It has a thin consistency but is really easy to apply onto your nails. I loved the colour more than I was actually expecting as it was vibrant and a lovely berry blue shade. 

The polish does need more than one coat to be fully opaque but I just used one coat as soon as I try to apply more than one coat on my nails it just smudges no matter how long I leave it to dry. 

The polish  has a very strong chemical smell to it but once it's dried onto the nails it has a lovely berry scent to it which lasts quite a while.

One of the things I look for in a polish is the durability and unfortunately this started to chip on the same day but as fun while it lasted.

Would I buy it again? Yes, to try out the different scents and because they're fun. I would prefer a pink shade next time though and maybe a vibrant orange for summer.




Have you tried these before? I love the concept of scented nail polishes.

Love Laura xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment