Although I have a drawer full of nail polish I haven't really invested in any nail care. I just used to put the colour straight onto my nails and hey presto. All this changed though when I used a Barry M neon yellow and when I took it off I was left with stained yellow nails for weeks! Not a good look at all.
So when I was kindly offered to try out some of Beautyuk's new nail care collection I gladly took them up on their offer. There are six different products in the range and they each retail for £3.99 each.
Today I have the *Nail & Cuticle Conditioning Oil and the *Speed Dry Basecoat to show you. The other products available in the collection are Black Diamond Hardener, Matte Top Coat, Ultra Gloss Top Coat (which I used in this post) and a 5 in 1 Base and Top Coat.
|Photo credit: Beautyuk|
I used both of these products before trying out a new nail polish and I was extremely pleased with the results.
Nail & Cuticle Oil:
This has been developed to use on dry brittle nails and cuticles that are rough and irritated. It is super easy to use as you simply pop a droplet onto each nail and then massage in. The oil has a citrus scent to it and I really liked the moisturised feeling that it gave to my nails. It leaves a 'just been to the salon for a professional manicure- look' on your nails with the convenience and ease of applying in your own home or on the go.
- Is Almond-oil based and has Vitamins E and F included.
- Protects the nail plate.
- Nourishes and restores the natural moisture of your nails.
- It softens your cuticles and is meant to soothe them too but as mine weren't irritated in the first place, I didn't feel the effects of this.
- Nourishes nails and makes them look and feel healthier.
My nails looked healthier and were nourished so I will continue to use this and it's a product that I rate.
Speed Dry Basecoat:
After using the nail oil it's recommended that you carefully wash your hands before applying any polish so I made sure I did that and then I was ready to use the speed dry base coat.
This base coat did live up to its claims of being speed-dry as I didn't have to wait long at all to start applying the polish on top. I only needed to apply a thin layer and the results reminded me of a clear nail polish look.
The basecoat has been produced to;
- Prime your nails for an even finish that grips your nail polish and this certainly did for the polish that I applied on top.
- It's meant to smooth out imperfections but as I don't really have any this wasn't noticeable on my nails.
- The basecoat contains UV filter to prevent nail discolouration.
- It prevents stains as once my polished was removed from a bright colour, my nails were left in perfect condition underneath with no signs of staining whatsoever.
- It also protects against chipping too and this was, for me, a pleasant surprise as my nail polish usually chips on the same day but with the use of these two products I actually got three days out of my polish which is amazing for my nails.
Overall I highly recommend these products and will continue to use them regularly as I loved the results.
Do you use nail care products?
Love Laura xoxo
*PR items sent for an honest review. All written words and photographs (unless credited) belong to me.