Monday 14 April 2014

Glossybox Unboxing for the April Edition

Hello everyone!

What a gorgeous day it has been today and my Glossybox was delivered too. Over the weekend we started watching American Horror Story season 1 . It is so freaky yet so gripping at the same time. I can't take my eyes off it!

So Glossybox, if you're not familiar with it, is a subscription beauty box. It costs £10 per month plus postage costs. Mine is the UK version as that is where I live. You fill out a beauty survey and then each month you get a surprise in the post. I like the idea of not knowing what I am getting as I get to try out some products that I would have never bought for myself.  I also love the box as it is like a Birthday gift to myself each month.

Onto the unboxing and review ......


I love the candy pink box as it looks luxurious and it's my favourite colour.


 The aim of this months box is to include products for your handbag that help you to transition into Summer.


The presentation is beautiful with the tissue paper and bow and I also love the photography used for the front cover of the magazine. Next month they have another collaboration which is exciting as they usually produce a limited edition box for it.


Here are my contents for April. I noticed, as I searched on Instagram, that nearly everyone has got the same products this month apart from a few changes instead of the tanning gel. Birchbox tends to give everyone the same products too.


MeMeMe Cosmetics- Beat the blues- Pearl Pink. This is a full sized product and retails at £5.50. I really like this highlighter and it's a cheaper version of Benefit's of which I own too.


Next up I received a travel size product of the He-Shi Professional Tanning face and body gel which costs £7.95 for 50ml. I do like bronzed skin so I will get good use out of this.


MONU Spa- Warming Ginger Massage and Body Oil- retails at £25 for 100ml and I received 30ml. This really smells like natural ginger and it's not something I would have bought myself. You can add a small amount to your bath or simply warm between your hands and massage into your skin before you shower.


EMITE MAKE UP- Lip brush- £17. I don't really use lip brushes as I just apply my lip product straight onto my lips from the tube/ bullet but it's handy to have and at least my lipstick will look even from now on!


TRESemme- Instant refresh cleansing dry shampoo. Full size retails at £4.99 for 200ml and I received 100ml. I do love dry shampoo and my go to brand is Batiste. However this will be handy to travel with.

My favourites this month are the MEMEME highlighter and the tanning gel. I do think it's a really good mix of products this month which is well worth the money but I'm just not excited. Do you know when you think you could have used the money to buy something you really wanted instead? I want to get some shoes and Barbie shorts from primark that I have seen in the Look magazine Primark drop!

I think if you have spare money and you're wanting a few surprise beauty treats per month then it's great.

Love Laura xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment